3 Jul, 2022 00:55:48
Greenhouse Glazing, 4mm Twinwall Polycarbonate
Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and easy to handle, so its safe for the whole family. Its also easy to cut with a Stanley knife which makes it ideal for replacement glazing. It provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. With good light transmission properties it is no surprise that this versatile glazing material is so popular in greenhouse glazing. The standard sheet size is approximately 4'x2' (1210x605mm) which gives you the option to do away with glass overlaps. The sheets are a similar size to two standard 24"x24" sheets of overlapping horticultural glass, which makes replacement easier.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 6th July.
The prices include courier delivery in mainland England, Wales and southern Scotland. Elsewhere delivery is a few days slower at extra cost. When you order please select the earliest available day or any other weekday but please allow a few days extra in case of delay.
|3 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£45|
|4 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£50|
|5 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£55|
|6 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£60|
|7 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£65|
|10 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£80|
|15 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£105|
|20 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£130|
|25 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£155|
|30 Sheets of Polycarbonate 605mm Wide x 1210mm Long||£180|
- Virtually unbreakable
- Good insulation from frost
- Maintains a more even temperature than glass
- Diffuses light to prevent scorching
- High light transmission properties
- Easily cut to any shape or size with a Stanley knife
- Easily fitted with standard greenhouse glazing clips
- Easily overlapped at joins with standard greenhouse overlap clips
- Existing clips and gaskets can be reused
- Sheet size approximately 4'x2' (1210mm x 605mm) - similar size to two standard 24"x24" sheets of horticultural glass
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE GLAZINGTwin wall polycarbonate glazing is far stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses. Twin wall polycarbonate is often used in conservatory roof glazing because it is a stable and long lasting glazing material which does not significantly alter with the passage of time. These sheets can be cut in half to provide 2 sheets approximately 24"x24". Our standard sheets can also be used to replace two standard 24"x24" sheets of horticultural glass.
- Next day delivery or delay the delivery until you're ready at the same price
- Saturday delivery available at additional cost
- AM delivery before noon available at additional cost
- Glazing clips, also known as "W" clips because of their shape. These are galvanized wire spring clips to retain the glazing at each side. Six clips are normally required for each 4'x2' polycarbonate sheet.
- S-profiles, used as a reinforced sheet end closure at the top and bottom of the glazing sheets to provide extra rigidity
- H-profiles, used as a reinforced jointing profile, fitted horizontally between two glazing sheets
- A choice of butyl rubber or double sided foam glazing strips are available as replacements for perished old gaskets. Both can be easily fitted to any aluminium or wooden greenhouse frame so there is no need to hunt for the right type of gasket. Both butyl rubber and double sided foam are adhesive on both sides which makes them ideal for use with polycarbonate glazing. Butyl rubber has similar properties to putty and it is often described as "putty on a roll". It is less rigid than foam tape so it is harder to fit in a neat straight line but it is more adhesive and impervious to water. Butyl rubber is best for applications where durability is more important than appearance. Foam tape is better if appearance is more important and also for people who prefer easier installation.
- We measured some typical greenhouses to give you an idea how much glazing your greenhouse may need. Please note that the glazing for each make and model of greenhouse varies slightly so you should measure your own greenhouse before ordering.
- Most basic greenhouses are designed around horticutural glass sizes. Horticultural glass is available in 24" x 24" (605mm x 605mm) or 24" x 18" (605mm x 457mm). The glazing bar spacing is therefore designed to suit 24" (605mm) wide glazing.
EXAMPLE: A typical 6' x 8' greenhouse requires 25 sheets 605mm x 1210mm
- Roof glazing requires 8 sheets 605mm wide x 1140mm long
- Wall glazing requires 14 sheets 605mm wide x 1210mm long
- Gable glazing requires 3 sheets 605mm wide x 1140mm long
EXAMPLE: A typical 6' x 4' greenhouse requires 17 sheets 605mm x 1210mm
- Roof glazing requires 4 sheets 605mm wide x 1140mm long
- Wall glazing requires 10 sheets 605mm wide x 1210mm long
- Gable glazing requires 3 sheets 605mm wide x 1140mm long
In the examples above the sheets used to glaze the gables need to be cut into triangular shapes. If you still have the original instructions these should include a glazing schedule with the exact size of each pane. Even if you have no instructions you can measure either the existing glass or the greenhouse frame. Most of the panels are the same sizes so detailed measurements for each individual sheet are not normally required.
In the examples above the sheets used to glaze the roof and walls need to be cut to suit any roof vents or louvres or to glaze the door. These cuts are simple 90 degree cuts. If you still have the original instructions these should include a glazing schedule with the exact size of each pane. Even if you have no instructions you can measure either the existing glass or the greenhouse frame. Most of the panels are the same sizes so detailed measurements for each individual sheet are not normally required.
DELIVERY UPDATE: Please allow a few days extra for delivery because the carrier networks are less reliable at present due to exceptionally high demand. As a result our normal next day delivery service may be a few days slower. If you do not select a delivery day while ordering please email us with your requirements as soon as possible afterwards. Please read on for full details of the delivery service for this product:
- FREE NEXT DAY DELIVERY or delay the delivery until you are ready then YOU TELL US WHICH DAY TO DELIVER
- We always have a large stock of this accessory available - so we can always despatch your order immediately.
- Please provide at least one DAYTIME PHONE NUMBER where you can be contacted during the daytime if needed.
- If you cannot be at home to receive your accessory we can deliver when you are out - please contact us for options.
- At most sites it is possible for the driver to deliver your accessory into the back garden unaided. Even if your accessory is too heavy for the driver to carry it far the lorries are equipped with trolleys for moving heavy items over hard surfaces such as concrete or tarmac.
- PERFORMANCE DATA: 98.97% delivered next day, 99.94% delivered within 72 hours, 2.70% reported damaged. We check the performance of our carriers regularly and publish the results. Although larger and heavier than the average size parcel, we consistently deliver these parcels on time with very little loss or damage.
TELL US WHICH DAY: You need to tell us which day to deliver. If you want fast delivery please select the earliest available day while ordering. If you did not select a delivery day and you want fast delivery please email us as soon as possible after ordering. If you are not ready for delivery you do not need to select a delivery day while ordering - you can request delivery later.
NEXT DAY DELIVERY: Next day delivery is available throughout mainland England, Wales, southern Scotland and central Scotland. We deliver on the next working day if requested before 10.00am. For example, to request delivery on Monday just contact us before 10.00am on Friday.
DELAYED DELIVERY: You can request a delivery day weeks in advance or you can wait to choose a delivery day later. We can deliver on any weekday of your choice, just email us before 10.00am the day before.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally next day to all mainland addresses in AB, DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PA21-23, PA35-36, PH1-18 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 2-3 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally next day to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 2-3 days to the Scottish Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Northern Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 2-3 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland. Unfortunately we're currently unable to deliver to Republic of Ireland due to extra requirements created by Brexit.
2-3 DAY DELIVERY: In some areas next day delivery is not possible. 2-3 day delivery is the only option in Northern Scotland, the Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles. In these areas the AM and Saturday delivery options are also not available.
AM DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England and Wales. The AM delivery option is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The AM delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. If your delivery is outside the specified time the charge will be fully refunded.
SATURDAY DELIVERY: This low cost option is available at any mainland address in England or Wales. Saturday delivery is also available in Scotland to mainland address in AB10-16, AB21-23, AB24-25, DD, DG, EH, FK1-18, G, KA, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-14 and all TD postcodes. The Saturday delivery service is not available in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or at any offshore address. To request delivery on Saturday just email us before 10.00am on Friday.
NO HIDDEN DELIVERY CHARGES: The price you see is the price you pay. Our accessory prices include all delivery charges - unlike most others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process. However the prices may vary in different areas. You need to enter the first half of your postcode to see the correct prices in your local area. If you have not already done so click here to enter the FIRST HALF of your POSTCODE.
- All accessory prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
Features and Accessories
Extra polycarbonate sheets
PVC edge trims