Click this messge to hide it.
- Pressure treated throughout (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Timber sizes are nominal i.e. before machining, unless described as finished size
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All timber used in the construction of this garden bench originates from sustainable forests in Northern Europe
- 2 seater swing seat with slatted seat and back
- Sturdy posts ex 3"x3" (finished size 70mm x 70mm)
- Substantial top beam ex 6"x2" (finished size 150mm x 45mm)
- Fixed curved wooden slatted canopy
- Strong supporting steel chains
- 2 removable shelves for arm rests
- Galvanized fixings
- Smooth planed finish
- Prefabricated pieces for simple assembly
- Bench seat width 3'11" (1200mm)
- Bench seat depth 1'7" (480mm)
- Bench back width 3'11" (1200mm)
- Bench back height 1'6" (450mm)
- Overall width approximately 6'2" (1890mm)
- Overall depth approximately 5'4" (1620mm)
- Overall height approximately 5'11" (1800mm)
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
SAFETY: This product should be placed on a flat, level and hard base. Concrete and paving are ideal. Lawns are often too soft, but may be suitable with care. Children should not be allowed to climb on this product or to play around it without adult supervision. Jumping on this product is not recommended. Adults should sit down without excessive force. During the winter months and periods of adverse weather we recommend covering this product or storing it under cover.
- Cushions in a choice of colours. The fibre filled seat pad and back cushion are made from polyester fabric and are showerproof. The cover has a wipe clean surface and can be easily removed for effortless cleaning.
- Black PVC backed polyester fabric protective cover. The cover is showerproof and has a wipe clean surface. The side zips allow you to fully close the cover around the swing seat. There are also built in cords and cord locks giving the option to have the cover partially open.
CUSHIONS: Our cushions feature showerproof polyester fabrics. Cushions with a zip on one side are removable and machine washable at low temperatures. Cushions without a zip can be easily washed by hand in a bowl of soapy water. Occasional cleaning is required if cushions are stored outside for long periods. Your cushions should be stored in a dry environment during the winter to ensure that they remain in good condition.
FURNITURE COVERS: Our covers are specially designed to protect your wood from the elements and keep your furniture looking at its best. The black PVC backed polyester fabric features a showerproof finish and has a wipe clean surface for ease of cleaning and long durability.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 1 and 2 weeks after order.
- Our garden furniture prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- All garden furniture prices include VAT.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.