Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Apex Security Shed 865 - Fast Delivery, Many Possible Designs
- These sheds include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- All timber used in the construction of this shed originates from sustainable forests
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal wall framework (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal floor joists (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Substantial ex 2" planed deal roof purlins (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Stronger roof with internal timber trusses at approximately 4' centres (1200mm)
- Traditional diagonal braces to lower corners for extra strength
- No chipboard, plywood, OSB or other man made boards or sheet materials
- Windows glazed with toughened safety glass as standard - No plastic or styrene glazing
- Small security windows
- Plastic h-profile drip cill fitted to all windows
- Modular design allowing many possible door and window design configurations
- 4'x4' and 4'x6' sheds include 1 window panel containing 2 non opening windows
- 4'x8' and 4'x10' sheds include 2 window panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- 4'x12' and 4'x14' sheds include 3 window panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- 4'x16' and 4'x18' sheds include 4 window panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- 4'x20' sheds include 5 window panels containing 2 non opening windows each
- Green mineral felted roof
- Key locking door with security lock
- Ledged and braced doors with horizontal ledges and diagonal braces
- Double hinged doors 3'5" wide x 5'4" high (1034mm x 1630mm)
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside approximately 5'11" (1801mm)
- External eaves height approximately 6'2" (1869mm)
- Internal ridge height approximately 6'10" (2091mm)
- External ridge height approximately 7'1" (2147mm)
FAST DELIVERY FROM STOCK: The revolutionary design of these garden sheds allows fast delivery from stock of standard garden sheds using the same modular wall panels, while at the same time allowing a wide range of door and window layouts to suit many different uses. Traditionally garden sheds have been individually made to order to suit your individual design but this process takes a month or more. Until now the only garden sheds which are available with fast delivery are made to one design only and often to a very basic specification. These garden sheds include a more flexible design and a number of quality features.
MULTIPLE DOOR AND WINDOW POSITIONS: The clever modular design includes many wall panels of the same width which are interchangeable. As a result the door and window design can be customised to suit your requirements. The door can be positioned almost anywhere in any wall to provide the best access from within your garden. The windows can also be sited to provide the most light. The door and window positions can be decided on site during installation - this does not need to be specified when ordering.
TONGUED & GROOVED FLOOR & ROOF - NO MAN MADE BOARDS: The floor and roof feature 12mm thick interlocking tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick framing. This is stronger and longer lasting than the flimsy man made boards which are normally included with other garden sheds at around these prices. Man made boards do not last as long in damp conditions. The man made boards commonly used in cheaper garden sheds include chipboard and OSB or oriented strand board. These are often described vaguely as a "sheet floor" or "solid sheet" or a "solid board floor".
INTERNAL FRAMING AND BRACING: Each wall panel is framed with substantial ex 2" planed deal wall framework (finished size 45mm x 28mm after machining). Where two panels meet and are screwed together this equates to double strength 44x56mm framing. Each wall panel also features traditional diagonal braces to the lower corners for extra strength.
INTERNAL ROOF TRUSSES: These apex roof garden sheds feature internal timber trusses at approximately 4' centres (1200mm). This strong structural framework helps support the roof and will stop it from sagging even after years of use.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These garden sheds feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your garden shed. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang.
- The walls of this shed are interchangeable, allowing many possible designs. This can be decided on site and does not need to be specified when the shed is ordered.
- Pressure treated timber platform base kits
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A selection of microporous wood preservatives in a wide choice of colours
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER PLATFORM BASE KIT: A pressure treated timber base is a substantial platform and a suitable alternative to more traditional bases, such as slabs or concrete. It can be easily built over sloping ground without expensive excavation or levelling. The support posts are knocked into the ground to ensure the base remains flat and level. If you choose to use quick setting concrete to hold the posts in place you'll be able to commence installing your new building in about half an hour. The base is made from approx. 90x50mm pressure treated timber bearers. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. Additional floor bearers are not needed as the floor will be a few inches above the ground and the timber base allows for better airflow than other base options. The kit requires self assembly but comes with the instructions and fixings required to screw it together. The floor of your building is laid on the completed platform, which is designed to be the perfect size to suit your building.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these 100% recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. The base is normally a few inches larger than your building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 150 tonnes per square metre. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60mm hexagonal cell structure. Eco-grids should be laid on a sub-base of soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete. Integral pegs on the underside help to bed the eco-grids into a softer sub-base which helps with levelling. If the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface we recommend our eco-paving which features a flat underside.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Our eco-paving is less brittle and more difficult to damage than concrete paving slabs. The pavers have a strong grid structure underneath and the surface looks similar to concrete slabs. Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is concrete or a similar hard surface, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Eco-paving can also be laid on soil or pea shingle. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick.
ADDITIONAL LOCKS: Heavy duty bolts, brackets and locks are available to provide additional security for your most valuable items. A heavy duty anchor bracket with a cable and padlock can be securely wall or floor mounted into brickwork, concrete or timber. The security cable is long enough to secure several items such as bicycles or a lawnmower. Padlocks are available with a closed shackle for security or a combination lock for convenience. Heavy duty sliding combination bolts can be fitted to single or double doors. The recodable combination bolt is quick and easy to use, with no keys to lose and no time wasted looking for keys. A hasp and staple set or a pair of door brackets can also be fitted to single or double doors. Ideally two pairs of brackets or two hasp and staple locks will provide a secure fixing point at the top and bottom of the door for maximum security.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your garden shed or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your garden shed at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your garden shed at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 8 days after order.
- Our garden shed prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
- This garden shed is delivered as a single pallet. The delivery is normally kerbside only. The pallet is strapped and sealed on delivery but after it is opened the individual components are easy to carry. All sections are designed to pass through a normal single door.
SCOTLAND: Delivery is normally within 5-8 days to all mainland addresses in DD, DG, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, KY, ML, PA1-19, PH1-7, PH14 and TD postcodes. Delivery is 6-10 days to mainland and offshore addresses in all other postcodes.
OFFSHORE ISLANDS: Delivery is normally within 5-8 days to the Isle of Wight. Delivery is within 6-10 days to the Scottish Islands, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and the Scilly Isles.
NORTHERN IRELAND: Delivery is within 6-10 days throughout Northern Ireland. To see the correct prices please enter your BT postcode.
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND: Delivery is within 6-10 days throughout the Republic of Ireland. To see the correct prices please select Republic of Ireland as the country and enter the first part of your Eircode postal code e.g. A65. After that you can see all of the products available at the correct prices including delivery throughout the Republic of Ireland.
- All garden shed prices include VAT.