Stock products are delivered within a few days. Other products are made to order. Please check individual products for specific delivery information.
Click this messge to hide it.
Wooden Greenhouse 154 - Built In Shed, Toughened Glass
- Free same day installation
- Individually made to order
- Integral storage shed to the rear approximately 4' deep
- All timber used in the construction of this shed originates from sustainable forests
- These greenhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- Toughened glass as standard
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework
- Internal eaves height 5'10" (1790mm)
- External eaves height 6'1" (1860mm)
- External ridge height 6'11" (2100mm)
SHED STANDARD FEATURES
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- 1 free opening window included with casement stay fitted
- Single hinged door with substantial 4" wide planed ledges and diagonal braces (finished size 95mm after machining)
- Black japanned hinges with rim lock, handle and keys
- Green mineral felted roof
GREENHOUSE STANDARD FEATURES
- Integral pressure treated base rail beneath greenhouse walls
- Two full length wooden slatted stagings
- 2 free opening windows included with casement stays fitted
- Single hinged door with black japanned hinges and padbolt
- Roof glazed with toughened glass
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality greenhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your greenhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These greenhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your greenhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
HEAVY DUTY FRAMING: These heavy duty greenhouses feature exceptionally strong framing, which ensures a more robust and durable building. Framing timber is normally supplied in standard timber sizes. The nominal size is the size before machining. The finished size after planing is normally around 5mm smaller. Framing of at least 50x25mm or 38x38mm nominal thickness is recommended for smaller greenhouses up to 6'x8'. Framing of at least 50x38m nominal thickness is recommended for larger greenhouses up to 8'x10'. Framing of 2"x2" or 50x50mm nominal thickness or larger is recommended for the largest greenhouses.
QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these quality sheds is the heavy duty doors, with substantial ledges and braces and a good quality lock. Another feature is the substantial 2"x2" thick framing spaced close together, which ensures a more robust and durable building.
NO BEARERS REQUIRED: The floor joists are pressure treated so separate bearers are not required, which represents a saving on the overall cost. The floor joists are the only part of the shed which is in contact with the ground.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap or 15mm deal loglap (finished sizes after machining)
- High quality external paint system offered in a choice of one or two colours
- Choice of shed door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- Choice of greenhouse door hinges on the left or right (viewed from outside)
- Additional doors
- Available with no shed windows for improved security at no additional cost
- Additional security features
- Electric and gas heaters
- Thermometers and soil gauges
- Automatic watering systems
- This shed can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our opaque paint colours. The doors, windows and fascias can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these greenhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your greenhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. This option is not normally required for 6' wide buildings unless there are other obstructions. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
ADDITIONAL LOCKS: Heavy duty bolts, brackets and locks are available to provide additional security for your most valuable items. A heavy duty anchor bracket with a cable and padlock can be securely wall or floor mounted into brickwork, concrete or timber. The security cable is long enough to secure several items such as bicycles or a lawnmower. Padlocks are available with a closed shackle for security or a combination lock for convenience. Heavy duty sliding combination bolts can be fitted to single or double doors. The recodable combination bolt is quick and easy to use, with no keys to lose and no time wasted looking for keys. A hasp and staple set or a pair of door brackets can also be fitted to single or double doors. Ideally two pairs of brackets or two hasp and staple locks will provide a secure fixing point at the top and bottom of the door for maximum security.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your greenhouse or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your greenhouse at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your greenhouse at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 6 and 8 weeks after order for unpainted greenhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 8 and 10 weeks after order for painted finish greenhouses.
- Our prices for greenhouses include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These greenhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and also there is no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices for these greenhouses include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this greenhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your greenhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This greenhouse includes free installation. Because every building is fitted free they are better made than other greenhouses. Everything possible is done to simplify the installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality greenhouses which are fitted quickly with fewer complications.