Click this messge to hide it.
- Twin wall polycarbonate glazing
- Green powder coated aluminium greenhouse frame
- Green powder coated galvanized steel base plinth (makes installation easier)
- Hollow box profile aluminium ridge beam for greater strength and rigidity
- T-shaped glazing bars with a central upstand for greater strength and rigidity
- Profiled eaves beam with integral gutter
- Clip free glazing system which holds the polycarbonate glazing in position more securely
- Unlike other greenhouses, the unique glazing design retains the polycarbonate panels continuously on every side
- The glazing bars feature continuous vertical grooves to retain the glazing more securely to each side
- The unique eaves beam design features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the wall and roof glazing more securely
- The ridge beam features continuous horizontal grooves to retain the roof glazing more securely
- Unique thick rubber cill gaskets provide a neat finish while continuously retaining the lower edges of the glazing
- Diagonal corner braces in every wall to provide greater structural rigidity
- Diagonal corner braces in both sides of the roof for extra rigidity
- Eaves struts at 2' centres reinforce the connection between the side walls and the roof
- Ridge struts at 2' centres reinforce the connection between each side of the roof
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the door framing and the greenhouse frame
- Extra fixing brackets ensure a stronger connection between the roof vent framing and the greenhouse frame
- The tallest glazing panels are divided in two for added strength with rigid aluminium glazing bars at the joints
- All greenhouses include 2 free opening roof vents
- Opening roof vents include manual openers with casement stays and pins - unlike others the vents can be fixed in a closed position
- Single sliding door
- Door handle included - unlike others the doors can be fixed in a closed position
- Door width 2'1" (630mm)
- Door height 5'8" (1740mm) including base plinth
- Eaves height including base plinth 4'6" (1380mm)
- Ridge height including base plinth 7'0" (2140mm)
- Width 6'3" (1900mm)
- Length 4'2", 6'3" or 8'4" (1280mm, 1900mm or 2530mm)
- Up to 200% heavier than some polycarbonate greenhouses
- 6'x4' greenhouse overall weight 35kg
- 6'x6' greenhouse overall weight 45kg
- 6'x8' greenhouse overall weight 50kg
THIS POLYCARBONATE GREENHOUSE: These great value metal greenhouses feature green powder coated aluminium frames with durable twinwall polycarbonate glazing, which is normally an expensive extra. These sensationally cheap greenhouses are always in stock and the price includes fast delivery. From a technical viewpoint this greenhouse is heavier and more rigid than others at similar prices and the glazing is held in better. The precise manufacturing and careful packing is a match for our most expensive greenhouses. Sophisticated features include well retained clip free glazing, additional bracing and numerous specially designed brackets and clips to improve the strength. With such a competitive price this metal greenhouse is a popular choice with first time buyers. With the ultra safe polycarbonate glazing it is also a popular choice for the elderly and families with children or pets.
EXTRA RIGIDITY: This greenhouse is heavier than most other polycarbonate greenhouses. It features a strong frame with a box profile aluminium ridge. The design includes the maximum possible number of diagonal corner braces, eaves struts and ridge struts to ensure maximum rigidity. The corners are securely fixed with triangular eaves and ridge brackets. In addition, specially designed brackets ensure that the vent frame and door framing are fixed more securely to the frame.
UNIQUE CLIP FREE GLAZING DESIGN: The unique glazing design ensures that the polycarbonate panels are held in place continuously along every edge including the top and bottom edges. With most greenhouses the glazing is retained along the vertical edges only and the top and bottom edges receive little or no attention. This greenhouse features a thick rubber cill gasket at the bottom edges of the wall panels. The other edges are retained within deep metal grooves in the glazing bars, the eaves beams and the ridge beam. The framing itself features an integral full length groove into which the edges of the glazing panels slide. The glazing panels are retained along the entire length of the framing. As a result, when the frame is fully assembled the glazing panels are more securely fixed and do not come out so easily. Unlike other glazing systems, no fixings, clips or capping strips are required.
STRONGER GABLE WALL GLAZING: The tallest glazing panels in the rear wall and to each side of the doors are divided in two for added strength. One piece panels are more likely to flex and spring out in winds. Strong aluminium glazing bars at the horizontal joints provide additional rigidity, unlike the plastic jointing profiles used by some others. The grooves in the horizontal glazing bars ensure that the glazing is retained more securely.
TWIN WALL POLYCARBONATE: Twin wall polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and very practical. With small children or pets around polycarbonate greenhouses are safer. Polycarbonate is also safer to handle during installation. Polycarbonate greenhouses provide a similar growing environment to glass greenhouses with better insulation properties and reduced glare. Polycarbonate also provides good insulation from frost and maintains a more even temperature for better plant growth. Twin wall polycarbonate also diffuses light to prevent scorching. Twin wall polycarbonate glazing is stronger than the flimsy single skin polycarbonate sheeting supplied with some greenhouses.
POWDER COATED ALUMINIUM: The powder coated finish is more attractive than the stark silver finish aluminium greenhouses. The tough finish also has excellent weathering properties and retains its gloss and colour superbly. A good example of powder coating is the finish on your washing machine. Powder coated aluminium greenhouses have a similar finish.
BASE PLINTH: The base plinth makes installation much easier. It is designed to be a portable and prefabricated foundation beam. The plinth features a flat underside to spread the weight of the greenhouse over a larger area. The base plinth can be placed on any flat and level surface including soil, gravel, decking, concrete or paving slabs. It is best to prepare a perimeter footing of concrete or paving slabs for the base plinth to stand on. However, with care the base plinth can be placed on any surface including soil or gravel provided that the ground is flat and level.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Polycarbonate glazing is not recommended at exposed sites. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls.