Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this greenhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Traditional appearance with steep Victorian style 45 degrees roof pitch
- Traditional Victorian style narrow module glazing design
- Cedar frames treated with a high quality paint system in a golden oak colour
- Integral cedar panelling fully built into the greenhouse frame
- Durable cedar base plinth included
- Puttyless glazing with timber beading
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- Full height glass where practical with no unsightly glass overlaps
- 2 roof vents with automatic openers included (5'3" and 7'10" long greenhouses)
- 4 roof vents with automatic openers included (10'3" and 12'9" long greenhouses)
- 6 roof vents with automatic openers included (15'3" long greenhouses)
- 2 top hinged side windows with casement stays included (5'3" and 7'10" long greenhouses)
- 4 top hinged side windows with casement stays included (10'3" and 12'9" long greenhouses)
- 6 top hinged side windows with casement stays included (15'3" long greenhouses)
- Joinery door with morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Inward opening door with no step doorway for easy access
- Door 6'6" high x 2'6" wide (1980mm x 760mm)
- Good quality mortice lock fitted with handles and keys
- Brown PVC guttering included with downpipe and stop end to each side
- Decorative apex finials
- Eaves height 5'2" including base (1580mm)
- Ridge height 7'6" or 2290mm including base (6'4" wide greenhouses)
- Ridge height 9'3" or 2830mm including base (7'9" wide greenhouses)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality greenhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your greenhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
THIS WOODEN GREENHOUSE: This high quality wooden greenhouse has a traditional style which can blend into the garden of an older property or it can be an attractive focal point in a modern garden. Quality features include a strong timber frame, large pane glazing with no overlapping glass and a kerbless doorway to provide easy access. We offer a full range of accessories at surprisingly low prices including staging, shelving, vents and openers. These wooden greenhouses are made in prefabricated panels which makes installation easier than most other greenhouses.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
CEDAR PANELLING: The integral cedar panelling is tongued and grooved cedar matchboarding. Cedar panelling offers better heat retention in the winter than fully glazed greenhouses. It is also ideal for growing shade-loving plants such as ferns. The cedar cladding boards are fully built into the greenhouse frame as an integral part which cannot be detached.
TOUGHENED GLASS: Toughened glass is the best glazing material for use in greenhouses. It is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break and when it does break toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly. Toughened glass also strengthens the frame and it is heavy which helps to resist wind. Although size limits apply, toughened glass panes are longer than horticultural glass, with no overlapping glass and fewer joins. Where required, joins are neat in-line H-profile joins. Greenhouse glass is subject to lower visual standards than other more expensive glass and may include blemishes or imperfections which do not adversely affect the performance.
VENTILATION: Improved ventilation increases the air circulation through the greenhouse for better growing results. Automatic openers react to heat which ensures that in hot weather the vents open in your absence and then close again when its cooler. Some plants such as alpines require more ventilation than others. If you are not yet sure which plants you are likely to grow improved ventilation will give you more versatility.
GREENHOUSE LOCATION: Ideally your greenhouse should have a clear space at least 18" wide on all sides, if possible. This ensures easy access for both installation and future maintenance. In reality this is often not practical and at many sites it is not needed. A reduced clearance is often possible on one or two sides. You should cut back or remove any nearby shrubs and trees. Remember to allow for future growth. Ideally the ridge of a greenhouse should run from east to west. The best position for a freestanding greenhouse is a sunny spot outside the shadow of nearby buildings and trees. A sheltered position is best otherwise additional screening may be advisable. Plants need plenty of water so your greenhouse should be close to a water supply and the site should be well drained.
SIZES - LENGTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the length. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The length refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.