Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this product originates from sustainable forests
- FSC Mix Credit, FSC certified product, certificate code INT-COC-003944, licence number FSC-C109654
- To verify our FSC membership visit the FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd")
- Quality construction with interlocking logs at every corner including the angled bays
- 40mm thick double tongued and grooved wall logs
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved floor boards
- Strong 18mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards
- Pressure treated 45mm x 45mm floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Prefabricated roof panels makes installation quicker and easier
- Double glazed doors and windows with annealed glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Double hinged doors 1490mm wide x 1740mm high (4'11" x 5'9")
- Mortice lock with handles and keys
- 2 opening windows 525mm wide x 1590mm high (1'9" x 5'3")
- Single room 2.59m wide x 2.59m deep (8'6" x 8'6")
- Approximate roof size 2.8m wide x 2.8m deep (9'2" x 9'2")
- Internal room size 2.32m wide x 2.32m deep (7'7" x 7'7")
- Minimum base size 2.4m wide x 2.4m deep (7'10" x 7'10")
- Eaves height approximately 2.05m (6'9")
- Overall ridge height 2.47m (8'1") including floor joists and roof boards
NORDIC SPRUCE: This building is manufactured from 100% Nordic Spruce, the best quality timber used in log cabin construction. Nordic Spruce is grown primarily in the well managed forests of Scandinavia, Siberia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than trees grown in warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a dense grain pattern. These forests are expertly managed on a sustainable basis so Nordic Spruce is an enviromentally friendly choice.
FSC® CERTIFIED TIMBER: This product is FSC certified. Our FSC licence number is FSC-C109654. Our FSC chain of custody certificate code is INT-COC-003944. To verify our membership visit FSC Member Search and search for Summer Garden (full name "Summer Garden and Leisure Buildings Ltd"). Please note if you want a genuine FSC certified product it must include a valid FSC claim, which must include a valid licence number and/or certificate code from a genuine FSC member. It must also be described as FSC 100% or FSC Mix Credit or FSC Mix 70%. Claims that "we use FSC timber" or "our suppliers are FSC certified" are dishonest, because the FSC certifies products and not suppliers. If the claim is invalid the timber is not FSC certified.
ABOUT THE FSC®: The FSC or Forest Stewardship Council is a non profit organization which promotes responsible forest management throughout the world. Since 1994 the FSC has certified over 190 million acres of forest in over 80 countries. The FSC confirms that the forest is being managed in a way that preserves the natural ecosystem and benefits the lives of local people and workers but also sustains economic viablility. FSC certification ensures that forests are responsibly managed by protecting plant and animal species, the rights of indigenous people and the safety of forest workers. FSC chain of custody certification verifies that FSC-certified material has been identified and separated from non-certified and non-controlled material at every step throughout the supply chain.
JOINERY DOORS & WINDOWS: These log cabins feature joinery made door leaves and window sashes with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. This traditional jointing process is commonly used in the housebuilding industry when timber windows and doors are specified. A rebate or mortice is cut out in one piece of wood which precisely matches a tongue or tenon cut in the other piece of wood. Morticed and tenoned joints are the strongest type of joint used in the construction of wooden windows and doors. High quality handles, locks and hinges are also included.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner log cabins are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.