Click this messge to hide it.
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- These summerhouses include immersion treatment in light brown preservative as standard
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Large glazed area with low level windows to the front and both sides
- Summerhouses up to 11' wide include a two pane non opening window either side of the doors
- Summerhouses over 11' wide include a four pane non opening window either side of the doors
- Summerhouses up to 7' deep include a two pane window in each side wall
- Summerhouses over 7' deep include a four pane window in each side wall
- All summerhouses include a top hinged one pane opening window in each side wall
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Front roof projection without verandah approximately 15" (375mm)
- Neatly profiled fascias
- Any summerhouse up to 7' deep includes 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Any summerhouse over 7' deep includes heavy duty 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board flooring as standard
- Windows glazed with timber beading and 3mm annealed glass bedded on silicone sealant
- Double hinged doors
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Mortice lock fitted
- Black mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'0" (1820mm)
- Internal ridge height 6'8" or 2060mm
- Door height 5'11" (1805mm)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than the floor in most summerhouses and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" x 2" pressure treated bearers spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board, which is similar to the timber flooring used in housebuilding. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items even if a considerable weight is concentrated on only a few small points.
NO BEARERS REQUIRED: The floor joists are pressure treated so separate bearers are not required, which represents a saving on the overall cost. The floor joists are the only part of the shed which is in contact with the ground.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap or 15mm deal loglap (finished sizes after machining)
- High quality external paint system offered in a choice of one or two colours
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- Heavy duty floor with 18mm thick tongued and grooved moisture resistant particle board (this option is included as standard with all summerhouses over 7' deep)
- Higher walls (increases the internal headroom but the door height remains the same)
- Internal partitions
- Available with no windows in either side wall or both side walls at the same price
- Toughened glass
- Timber frame base - fully fitted
- Black PVC gutters with downpipes and stopends
- Durable 8mm laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- Window boxes
- Recycled plastic base kits
- A choice of composite decking kits
- These buildings can be individually designed to suit your exact needs
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our opaque paint colours. The doors, windows and fascias can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. The appearance of colours and shades may vary between different screens or devices. Although our opaque preservative finish largely obscures the surface of the wood, the grain and other natural features may still be discernible through variations in colour and texture.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
TIMBER FRAME BASE - FULLY FITTED: A pressure treated timber base is a substantial platform and a suitable alternative to more traditional bases, such as slabs or concrete. It can usually be built over sloping ground without expensive excavation or levelling. The support posts are knocked into the ground to ensure the base remains flat and level. The base is made from ex 4"x2" pressure treated timber bearers. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. Additional floor bearers are not needed as the floor will be a few inches above the ground and the timber base allows for better airflow than other base options. The floor of your building is laid on the completed platform, which is designed to be the perfect size to suit your building. The prices do not include a survey and assume no excavation or obstructions such as existing buildings, garden walls, compost heaps, trees, plants or flowers beds. You should also avoid covering manhole covers, pipes and drains.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. The base is normally at least 2" or 50mm larger than your building. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location our plastic pavers can be cut. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Eco-grids are recommended if the sub-base is soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete, because the underside is not flat. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily in soil or sand or shingle. Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 200 tonnes per square metre. We offer exactly the same eco-grids as driveways and carparks. Gravel or shingle infill is not required below a timber floor. Whatever you store in your building, our eco-grids will support the weight easily. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60x60mm hexagonal cell structure. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or on a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Any exposed edges around the base can be left unfilled or filled with gravel or shingle.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is a hard surface such as concrete or paving slabs, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Our eco-paving is less brittle than concrete paving slabs, with a strong supporting structure. The surface looks and feels similar to pressed concrete slabs, with a slightly textured finish. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick. The pavers are quickly and easily easily laid over an existing hard surface.
WPC COMPOSITE DECKING KITS: This superb quality WPC wood plastic composite decking closely resembles real wood, with the same look and feel. However, it is virtually maintenance free and it will never rot. At a glance it is difficult to tell the difference between this composite material and real timber decking with a stained finish. Furthermore, the similarities are not skin deep like a thin veneer. The realistic finish has a fibrous surface which looks similar to the grain of real wood. This synthetic composite is also heavier and stronger than real wood. The strength, durability and lack of maintenance make this superb decking a popular choice with pensioners and discerning commercial buyers such as care homes. Occasional cleaning with soapy water normally restores the original appearance. If any dirt or stains become ingrained after prolonged neglect even the most stubborn marks can be cleaned with a pressure washer.
Our WPC composite decking is a revolutionary material which provides all the benefits of real wood without the maintenance. It can be left outside uncovered all year round. Unlike real wood this synthetic wood is a weatherproof material with no knots, splinters, machining marks or other imperfections. It will never develop splits or shakes and no sap will ever ooze out of it. Our wood plastic composite is an equal mixture of real wood and recycled plastic. Even the wood is a mixture of sawdust and unusable offcuts, so it is the ultimate environmentally friendly alternative to wood. The colour pigments are mixed in before the powdered composite is moulded into shape, so the colour runs all the way through the finished product. The boards are completely impervious to water. The boards can be sawn, drilled and screwed, just like real wood. You can fix it with standard woodscrews. Being heavier and denser than real wood, screw fixings are actually stronger in composite boards.
BURGLAR ALARM: This simple and effective battery operated burglar alarm kit is easy to install in any wooden garden building. The main panel features a digital keypad and a powerful built-in siren. Two pre-wired door contacts are also included complete with a length of cable which plugs into the main panel. A 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery is required, which is not supplied with the kit. The alarm is easy to set using the digital keypad. A delay allows plenty of time to enter or leave the building after setting the alarm. Once the alarm has been armed it will be triggered by opening the door or tampering with the wiring. When the alarm is activated the siren emits a powerful and unpleasant sound to deter intruders.
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order for unpainted summerhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order for painted finish summerhouses.
- Buildings with wall and roof insulation may take approximately 4 weeks longer.
- Buildings with a cedar shingle roof may take approximately 4 weeks longer.
- Our prices for summerhouses include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and also there is no delay between delivery and fitting.
- All prices for these summerhouses include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because every building is fitted free they are better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to simplify the installation and minimize problems on site. The doors are factory fitted complete with locks and handles. Even the glass and glazing beads are factory fitted. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with fewer complications.