Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of these shepherd huts originates from sustainable forests
- Strong ex 2" x 2" planed framework (finished size 44x44mm)
- Chunky floor joists and low level support framing (finished size 120x44mm and 94x44mm)
- 19mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 19mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 19mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Laminated ex 3" x 2" timber curved roof arches (finished size 60x44mm)
- Decorative steel wheel kit including chassis and adjustable height powder coated metal leg supports for level positioning
- Timber steps with balustrades and handrails
- Double glazed doors and windows
- Glazed with annealed glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Panoramic low level glazing
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Double hinged doors approximately 3'11" wide x 6'1" high (1.2m x 1.85m)
- Key locking doors
- 2 non opening front sidelight windows 2'0" wide x 5'4" high (0.6m x 1.62m)
- 2 window boxes
- 1 opening side window 2'4"wide x 2'7" high (0.7m x 0.8m)
- Neat curved gable fascias
- External eaves height approximately 6'1" (1.85m) excluding legs
- External ridge height approximately 7'5" (2.27m) excluding legs
- Overall external eaves height approximately 8'4" (2.55m) including legs
- Overall external ridge height approximately 9'7" (2.97m) including legs
- External depth 7'10" (2.4m) excluding steps
- External width 11'10" (3.6m)
DECORATIVE WHEEL KIT: The wheel kit is a popular shepherd hut option. Black powder coated steel wheels and axles are mounted onto a strong chassis. The wheels feature 10mm spokes and a 5mm outer frame.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your shepherd hut is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your hut all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your hut frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend wall and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the steps. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the curved gable walls to each side. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.