Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows
- Durable hardwood doors and windows
- Doors ex 2" thick (44mm finished thickness)
- Modern large pane glazing
- Double doors with piano hinges and mortice lock fitted
- Chrome door hinges and window stays
- 2 fully opening windows
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- Strong 2" thick floor joists (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 15mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 15mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 15mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Door height 5'11" (1800mm)
- Door width 3'11" (1200mm)
- Internal height at the rear 5'11" (1800mm)
- Internal height at the front 6'7" (2000mm)
- External height at the front 6'11" (2100mm)
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
THICKER CLADDING: A feature of this heavy duty summerhouse is thicker ex 3/4" cladding with a finished thickness of 15mm. The use of thinner cladding with a finished thickness of 12mm is almost universal throughout the industry. These 25% thicker boards are more substantial and longer lasting.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a square based on the width of the two longest walls. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.